Lauren Lora (referred to as “our”, “us” and “we” in this notice) is a web travel platform registered in the United States.
We respect the privacy of users of our website. We act in a responsible manner to protect the privacy of users with whom we interact. We are committed to being transparent in our handling and processing of personal data at all times in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
What information do we collect?
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal data. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (i.e. living individual).
We may collect the following Personal Data through the website:
- Your Personal Information:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Reason for contacting us
- Information provided by you in relation to submitting a job application to us
- Web Browsing and Technical Information:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet
- Browser type and version
- Operating systems and platforms, etc
- Visit information including, but not limited to:
- Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) of the websites that you came through to our website and which pages you visited (including date and time)
- Our website page response times
- Download errors
- Length of visits to pages
- Visit duration
- Page interaction information
- Methods used to exit our site
How we use information collected
We collect and process data every time you visit, in order to understand how consumers use our websites and improve their experience, and to keep you updated about products and services which may be relevant to you. This includes:
- To deliver the specific information or services you have requested;
- To enable the download of our content;
- To send you email and advertising messages
- To respond to your requests and feedback;
- To analyse and/or improve our websites and services; and
- To protect Lauren Lora, our websites, customers, employees, and business partners from fraud or other malicious activity.
- To update you with any changes to our terms and conditions/other policies
- For Hiring reasons in order to improve your journey as a candidate and to analyse it.
Separately, we collect Personal Data for website security and maintenance.
Below we set out further information about the purposes for which we use your personal data and the legal basis we rely on for its use. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
- When you contact us via our contact form or;
when you directly write our team directly or;
when you wish to receive the news and thoughts of our leadership or,
we will obtain your explicit consent to process your Personal Data.
Please note that you can withdraw or revoke your consent to our use of your Personal Data at any time. You always have a choice concerning whether or not you provide Personal Data.
- The use of your Personal Data is further necessary for the purposes of Lauren Lora’s legitimate interest
- in improving our services, so we can better understand your needs and expectations and therefore improve our services to you;
- to prevent fraud and to ensure that the use of our web services is complete and without fraudulent behavior;
- to ensure the security of our services and to ensure that our offerings are technically secure and functioning properly;
Information Sharing with Third Parties
We may send your personal information to other group companies, affiliates and third parties to help us process your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information if we or any of our assets are the subject of a sale or similar corporate transaction. We will ensure that the third parties who receive your personal information are required to keep it confidential.
We may disclose personal information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are required by law, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual unlawful or otherwise prohibited activities, including, but not limited to, fraud.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
- Object to our processing of your personal data where we are relying on legitimate interest (or those of a third-party), and you want to object to processing on this ground, as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have a right to object where we are processing your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing or profiling. You can object at any time and we shall stop processing the information you have objected to, unless we can show compelling legitimate grounds to continue that processing.
- Access your personal data. If you make this kind of request and we hold personal data about you. We are required to provide you with information on it, including a description and copy of the personal data and why we are processing it. We will require you to prove your identity before granting access to your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data. We will provide to you or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note, this right applies to the personal data you have provided to us; and if we use your personal data on the basis of consent or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Request erasure (deletion) of your personal data. You have a right to ask us to delete or remove your data where you have successfully exercised your right to object (see above), or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Please note, we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for our own legitimate business purpose. But when we do so, we will inform you.
- Request correction or updating of your personal data. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Request the restriction of our processing of your personal data in some situations. If you request this, we can continue to store your personal data but are restricted from processing it while the restriction is in place.
- Withdraw your consent. Where you have provided your consent to our processing of your personal data you can withdraw your consent at any time. If you do withdraw consent, that will not affect the lawfulness of what we have done with your personal data before you withdrew consent.
- Make a Complaint. We will do our best to resolve any complaint. However, if you feel we have not resolved your complaint, you have a right to make a complaint to your local data protection authority.
If you exercise the rights above and there is any question about who you are, we may require you to provide information from which we can satisfy ourselves as to your identity.